Speech Therapy Services
Oakville Speech Therapy is proud to offer:
- Personalized, private assessment and therapy services
- Consultation to businesses, schools and community organizations
- Creative problem solving approach
- Education and training workshops
- Individual and group therapy sessions
- Flexible hours, including evening appointments
- Timely scheduling of appointments with no waiting lists
We welcome referrals from clients directly, physicians and other healthcare providers, community agencies and educational organizations. Please note that a medical referral is required for clients with swallowing disorders. Clients interested in voice therapy should first be seen by an otolaryngologist or ear, nose and throat physician (ENT).
Our fees are based on the recommended rate schedule of the Ontario Association of Speech-Language Pathologists and Audiologists. Initial phone contact consultation is provided free of charge to clients and their families.
In-home based services may be available on request. Additional travel expenses may apply.
Payment is due at the end of each session payable by cash, cheque or via e-pay. Receipts are provided and can be remitted for extended health insurance coverage and /or income tax deduction as medical expenses, where applicable.
Many extended health care benefit packages cover speech and language services. Employee group benefit plans may vary as to the type and amount of service covered. Please contact your insurance provider directly for detailed information about your plan. Some clients may be eligible for a Disability Tax Credit.
Oakville Speech Therapy is committed to ensuring services are available to everyone and is willing to work with you to develop a payment plan that meets your budget needs.
Areas of Practice
- Acquired Brain Injury and Cognitive Communication
- Accent Modification
- Adult neurological communication disorders such as Aphasia, Apraxia, Dementia, Dysarthria, Multiple Sclerosis, Parkinson’s disease
- Child Speech and Language Development
- Communication skills training workshops
- Motor Speech Disorders
- Parent Training Workshops
- Presentation skills
- Swallowing Disorders